Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eight is enough, somehow so is zero

Washington starter John Lannan finally ends his string of eight straight team losses (five of which he earned) with a 5-0 win over Arizona. Lannan worked six innings, and without recording a single strikeout he managed to not allow a single run. Zero strikeouts, one win. I'm assuming Lannan will take it. He beats Micah Owings, who pitched OK, giving up three runs in 5.2 innings.

Fantasy Impact: I don't like Lannan, but I do, if that makes sense. I wouldn't touch him as a fantasy option, only because I don't think he's capable of dominating any one stat category, but I think he's a pretty decent pitcher who has the bad luck of being on a bad team. I wouldn't touch Owings, either. He might be a better hitter than a pitcher, and he's not doing that very well lately, either.

No comments: