Saturday, February 21, 2009

No Moneyball

Looks like a couple of Yankees got to experience a life less fortunate thanks to the Stanford scandal. Johnny Damon and Xavier Nady can't get to their fortunes.
Damon and Nady told FOXSports.com Friday morning that as a result their finances were frozen because of money they have with a Stanford company.

"I can't pay bills right now," the 35-year-old Damon told the website.

"That started on Tuesday. I had to pay a trainer for working out during the offseason. I told him, 'Just hold on for a little bit, and hopefully, all this stuff gets resolved.'"

Said Nady: "I'm affected in some ways; I have the same [advisor] as Johnny,"

"He said I didn't have money with Stanford [investments]. But all my credit-card accounts are frozen right now because of that situation. I'm trying to get an apartment in New York. I can't put a credit card down to hold it."
I bet that trainer wouldn't postpone payment with many clients less pocketed than Damon.

No comments: