Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hitting from one side

Ryan Theriot is on the Tim McCarver show tonight. He said his path to the majors was a complicated journey, complete with a failed attempt at switch hitting.
"I think it slowed me down," Theriot said, "but one thing it did do, is it showed me how to fail -- how to effect the game in another way. I learned to come out the next at bat or the next day and make an impact."
Theriot said he had never even considered to switch hit until it was proposed to him in the low minors. He said he didn't want to say no to the proposal as he wanted to do everything to make it to the big leagues. Theriot feels he might've mad it to the majors sooner if he hadn't dabbled with batting from the left side.

I'd say Theriot figured things out from the right side alright. He hit .307 in his second full season with the Cubs.

No comments: