Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Postseason Predictions

I got slammed somewhere for my picks to win divisions. I got 7 of 8 right with the Dodgers catching the Diamondbacks for my lone hiccup. Here goes for today's game and beyond:

AL one game playoff:
White Sox over Twins, 6-4; Sox advance to play Tampa in ALDS.

Divisional Series:
White Sox over Tampa, 3-1; Layoff hurts young Rays while Sox homer way to divisional win.

Red Sox over Angels, 3-2; A lack of meaningful games down the stretch hurts the Angels.

Cubs over Dodgers, 3-0; Chicago's pitching too much for the Dodgers to compete with.

Phillies over Brewers, 3-0; Milwaukee limped into the postseason and stands no chance.

Championship Series:
Red Sox over White Sox, 4-1; ChiSox don't stand a chance in this one.

Cubs over Phillies, 4-2; The Cubs are just a little bit better in most categories.

World Series:
Red Sox over Cubs, 4-2; I like how Boston's built. I don't see it in the Cubs' cards.

No comments: