Sunday, July 20, 2008

Johnny on the DL (still)

Johnny Damon did not come off the DL today as originally expected.
"There's nothing more I need to do," said Damon, who is batting .319 with 50 runs and a .387 on-base percentage. "I'm going to feel it, probably, until the offseason, but it's not a situation where it's going to get worse. Some days I'll wake up and it'll be a little tight, but I'll come in here, jump in that hot tub and go."

With such significant players as starting pitcher Chien-Ming Wang and designated hitter Hideki Matsui also out with injuries, Damon recognizes why the team is waiting.

"I think they want to be extra cautious," he said.
Actually, you'd think they'd be rushing these guys back to play considering they're in third place in the AL East and it is decision-making time in terms of making trades.

No comments: